As this blog has the word “pudding” in it an awful lot, it seems only right that I should offer some pudding recipes. Therefore consider this page a celebration of everything pudding like. We not just sticking to sweet, oh no, there will be meat and veg on offer too.
Today’s first recipe isn’t the best but it is the most useful for when those, OH MY GWAD YOU JUST NEED CAKE LIKE NOW AND ARE NOT AFRAID TO CUT SOMEONE FOR IT, DAMMIT, moods appear.
Its Choc late Cake in a cup.
Literally Micro-cake in a mug, Job done.
- Microwave mug cake ( use a large on to avoid overflow in the microwave)
- 4 tbsp self raising (SR) flour4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
- A few drops vanilla or other essence (orange, peppermint etc)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/raisins etc (optional)
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Mix in as much as you can but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and/or the nuts/raisins and mix well.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!
And for the Vegans why not try this Vegan Yorkshire Pudding recipie?
Enjoy! And you’re welcome! 😉 x
14 thoughts on “Pudding”
I’ve always seen these recipes posted everywhere, but never tried it myself. Does it actually takes good?
Oddly YES! It’s less fluffy than most cake, leaning towards the moist side but it does fill the “I need cake” void pretty promptly. It does work too, I was so happy when I first made it ( it was a late night, desperate for some sweetness and maybe a bit drunkard attempt too!) just don’t over cook it as I have been told that makes it less tasty. Have a go and let me know how it goes! Great to teach kids too x
Oh wow! Never heard of a cake in a cup! I love cake so this is one I will be trying! Thank you for sharing.
I aim to please! Enjoy, and may your days be filled with cake joy Xx
I LOVE mug cakes. So quick and easy, yet much tastier than you’d ever expect them to be! And no guilt about scoffing the whole thing, either!
oh yes, in fact there oddly always seems to be enough room for another one…x
That looks utterly delish. I could definitely do with one of those about now, my mug only has tea in it! 🙂
As a huge tea fan, I must recommend having a wee bit of cake with it too. Match made in heaven x
I had heard of making brownies in mugs which I was very excited abot but hadn’t seen any cake recipes on it, so this would be absolutely amazing to do! Thank you for sharing 🙂 x
| Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |
No worries, I hope that you enjoy it and if you find any more easy recipes, send them my way! Xx
I’m going to try this with my daughter. She would love to make herself her own cake!
Auw, that is great! I hope that she enjoys it Xx
A cake in a mug… I have heard of these before but never tried them, now I have a recipe, there are no excuses. Thank you.
Haha I hope that you enjoy it. I will seek out more easy cake recipes, and share them. They are life changing for sure xx