Anyone who knows me, knows that I consist of two wolves, one wolf is a sassy drag queen and the other is a fabulous old lady who just wants to be left alone to chill and eat jaffa cakes. So when I discovered this competition I was absolutely delighted and thought I would share as, who wouldn’t turn down a weekend of luxury? Not moi!
You can now get paid to live as a retiree for the weekend
- Independent living provider Retirement Villages recruits two ‘retirement testers’
- Paid roles for two friends or a couple, of £200, involve reviewing and living as a retiree for two days in its Essex-based luxury community
- With 9% of under 40s yet to consider retirement, paid experience aims to encourage forward thinking and long-term goals
February 2023: Independent retirement living provider Retirement Villages is offering the dream job of the year for 2023; the chance to retire early AND get paid to review the experience.
The team at Retirement Villages is looking to hire two Retirement Testers to stay in one of its luxury communities and live as a retiree for a weekend. These all-expenses paid roles will involve the applicants fully immersing themselves into retired life, reviewing the experience compared to original perceptions of retired living, and sharing their opinion on what their ideal retirement would look like.
Its recent study found that almost one in ten – or 9% – of adults aged under 40 have yet to consider their retirement priorities or aspirations. Because of this, Retirement Villages wanted to hire two young adults and offer them the chance to throw themselves into retired life for the weekend for an authentic experience and to really consider their futures.
Lucy Black, from Retirement Villages Group says: “Retirement comes around much quicker than any of us can imagine, so it is great to plan and prepare for its arrival; whether this be considering key factors like where you will live or how much money you have saved for it.
We strongly urge every young adult to take the time to consider this milestone sooner rather than later so financial, health, geographical and social provisions can be planned for, and they have peace of mind when thinking about their future.
We already offer a try before you buy, complimentary programme for prospective residents, and these new “roles” will build on that and enable today’s young adults to experience retired life firsthand, helping them to properly consider their future. We all dream of finishing work and retiring, but we’re intrigued to see how this compares and exceeds expectations of retired living for today’s young adults, so they can give a new perspective on our villages. We’re excited to see what our new recruits make of a weekend as a retiree in our Debden Grange community in Newport, Essex!”
About the roles
Applications are now being taken on the site: https://www.retirementvillages.co.uk/blog/get-paid-to-experience-retirement/
Some key information about the roles include:
- Applications close on 24 February 2023
- The paid role will take place before the end of June 2023
- The paid role and weekend stay will be all expenses paid (bed and breakfast), with an additional fee of £200 per couple / £100 per person.
- Applicants should be aged between 18-40 years old
- Applicants should be those who ‘dream of retirement’ and looking to see what this stage of their life could really look like.
- The job involves a stay and review of its luxury Debden Grange village in Newport, Essex: https://www.retirementvillages.co.uk/our-villages/debden-grange/
Let me know if you enter and if you win, by all means invite me. I’ll happily just keep to myself, promise!