As this blog has the word “pudding” in it an awful lot, it seems only right that I should offer some pudding recipes. Therefore consider this page a celebration of everything pudding like. We not just sticking to sweet, oh no, there will be meat and veg on offer too.
Today’s first recipe isn’t the best but it is the most useful for when those, OH MY GWAD YOU JUST NEED CAKE LIKE NOW AND ARE NOT AFRAID TO CUT SOMEONE FOR IT, DAMMIT, moods appear.
Its Choc late Cake in a cup.
Literally Micro-cake in a mug, Job done.
- Microwave mug cake ( use a large on to avoid overflow in the microwave)
- 4 tbsp self raising (SR) flour4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
- A few drops vanilla or other essence (orange, peppermint etc)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/raisins etc (optional)
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Mix in as much as you can but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and/or the nuts/raisins and mix well.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!
Enjoy! And you’re welcome! 😉 x